Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 2

Well, we made it through the night!  The day seemed to go by pretty quickly.  We had visitors on and off throughout the day.  My boss, Robby stopped by to meet you.  Mandi and Grandpa Wall stopped by after work that evening too.  Aunt Angie and your cousin Samantha stopped by too late in the evening.  It was nice to have visitors.  It gave your daddy a little break to go grab some food and stretch his legs.  He couldn't really leave me by myself since I was still moving pretty slow.  The nurses wanted someone in the room with me since I was not able to get to you very quickly in case of an emergency.  


Our day was pretty routine.  Every two hours you would eat and in between feedings we all would sleep.  I was able to eat something finally and get some of my wires removed to make moving a little easier.  I got up and walked as much as I was able too.  The nurses rotated every 12 hours so at 7 AM and 7 PM we would meet our new nurse.  They were all so nice and helpful.  

That night we had the nurses go ahead and keep you for a little extra time during your midnight check up.  Your daddy and I really needed some sleep.  We were not functioning well, and we needed to get some energy back.  They let us sleep for 2 solid hours.  I never thought that sleeping for only 2 hours like that would be such a wonderful feeling!  We were refreshed and ready to go (sort of).  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment