Saturday, September 22, 2012

Third Trimester Here We Come!

I know I am a little behind in my posts, but last Friday we went in for our 28 week check up.  We have now entered the home stretch of pregnancy!  The visit was an easy one.  Except for the fact that I had to have my RhoGam shot in the booty!  Ouch!  It was a HUGE needle.  I also opted to get my flu shot while I was there.  They measured my belly and listened to Izabell's heartbeat.  She was at 152.  She now weighs a little over 2 pounds.  I was weighed and am up to 134 pounds, so that makes about 18 pounds gained so far.  I will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks from now until about 36 weeks and then I will be going every week until little Izabell arrives!  

We also had a visit with the Hematologist the week before.  He said my platelets are around 263,000 (normal is 140,000), so he is decreasing my lab visits to every 4 weeks with a follow up appointment with him in 8 weeks.  He is still keeping an eye on my white blood cells.  They are still a little elevated (probably due to pregnancy), but he wants to make sure they don't increase too much.  He will also be keeping an eye on me for a bit after Izabell is born to make sure everything remains normal.  

So here is my 28 week snapshot.  

   

Highlights:



I definitely waddle more.

I can feel Izabell a lot now.  She is quite the mover, especially at night and in the morning when the alarm goes off.  I feel like a punching bag.  :)

My back pain has finally gone away.  I can feel a little bit, but it is nothing compared to what it was.

Justin & I continue to walk in the evenings...at least until we can't since the sun goes down so much earlier.  

A deep sleep is hard to do now since it is difficult to roll over.  I miss sleeping on my back and stomach.  

My belly button is about ready to pop out!  It is currently flush with my belly.  

No stretch marks!  

My jeans definitely don't fit at all, so I bought some maternity ones and a few new shirts.  

Only 11 weeks to go and we are getting excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment