Today we had our 17 week doctor appointment and more blood work. I know I have said that I have been having a lot of blood work so here is some information about why I have had to have so much done. The first platelet count I had, it came back as 139 (below normal). So they tested me again and it came back as clumping. They tested it again and it said the same thing. My OB referred me to a Hematologist so that he could better understand the results of the sticky blood situation. The Hematologist has better equipment to see the platelets in the clumps (is the way I think about it). I had blood work done with their lab last week and my platelets came back as 260 (normal). Yay! He has me coming back every four weeks to get it checked so they can keep an eye on it.
So today, we first went over to the Hematologist to have my blood taken again and then headed over to the OB for my regular check up and blood work. We got to hear the heartbeat (so cool!) and she said it sounded great and that I am growing just like she likes to see. So now the countdown begins....4 more weeks and we can find out the sex of the baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment