Saturday, June 18, 2016

Tubing Trip 2016

For our anniversary weekend (11 years!), we took a tubing trip down to San Marcos.  Brad and Gina, who were celebrating 7 years went with us too!  We camped at Leisure Resort and went to Don's Fish Camp to tube.  

The first run down the river went pretty smooth.  Not too many people around.  The only unfortunate part of that trip was me losing Justin's phone, my phone, my ID and my debit card.  I know, I know.  I should have hung on to them.  And I did.  Down every rapid.  Except for the end when we were getting out of the tubes.  I forgot to grab it and when I got out the tube tilted and the dry pack they were in went right into the river.  Ugh.  We looked for them, but the current was so strong they were gone.  We went to Wal-Mart right after that and got new cell phones.


  

The second run down the river was a little more crowded and had a lot more party goers.  It was hard to get down the river without bumping into other groups.  We lost Brad on the last rapid.  It was a BIG rapid.  Somehow we hit another group going down and Brad's side went up and flipped him over.  It was the longest 5 seconds trying to find him.  He popped back up in front of us and was able to get back in.  Whew!






Let's see.  On the way down to San Marcos, the Hummer a/c wouldn't work.  It would work in town when we weren't hauling the camper.  And it worked most of the way home.  Thank goodness.  And when we were leaving San Marcos, we were putting the camper back together and the underside where the rods all come together when you crank it up/down broke.  Overall, I think it's safe to say it was a very expensive weekend for us!  

We had a lot of fun too.  On Sunday, we tied our tubes to some rocks in the river at the camp grounds and just sat.  It was a nice couple of hours.  We had lunch, changed and went to the outlets (because you can't go to San Marcos and not go to the outlets!).  

It was a fun, memorable weekend.  I would love to go back soon!   

No comments:

Post a Comment