Thursday, May 12, 2016

California 2016

At the end of last August, Justin started a new job with Success Partners as an Ecommerce Manager.  Each quarter, his company gives out a PATH award.  It is one of the highest honors at his company.  Well, in February, Justin received this award!  We are very proud of him for all of his hard work!

Along with this award, the company also gave him a new laptop backpack, a $200 Visa gift card and a trip with a guest to Hermosa Beach, California and $250 spending money!  

I believe there were about 10 other people there with their spouse/guest.  Justin and the employees had a dinner with the CEO and executives at the CEO's house on Thursday.  While they were at their dinner, they set up a dinner at The Mediterraneo for all of the guests that wanted to attend.  I was a little nervous to go to a dinner with a bunch of people I didn't know.  But, it was a lot of fun and I met some very nice people!  After dinner, the CEO invited everyone to another bar for drinks and music.  We stayed for a drink and then headed back to the hotel.




  

On Friday, the employees had to attend a meeting at another hotel with the execs and CEO.  While they did that, I decided to treat myself to a pedicure.  Luckily everything is within walking distance.  Everyone arrived back at the hotel just after 12 and then we all headed back down to the CEO's home for lunch and beach activities.  He had volleyball, washers, cornhole and a tennis type game set up.  We stayed until about 5:30 and left tired and very sunburned!  After we got cleaned up, we headed back out for dinner.  We decided to keep it simple and headed over to American Junkie.  After dinner, we located a CVS within walking distance and bought some more sunscreen and aloe.  Did a little more shopping and headed back in for the night.

CEO's Home



Washers




Volleyball

  

Saturday, we decided to rent some bikes and ride up and down The Strand.  The Strand is a 26 mile walk/bike path along the beach.  It was a little busy on Saturday.  Everyone gets out and walks, bikes, runs and skateboards up and down The Strand everyday.  We rode down to Redondo Beach and walked around on the pier and hit up a few shops.  Then we stopped back at the hotel for a quick break.  Then we headed up to Manhattan Beach.  We had lunch at Brewco.  Then we did a little shopping and walked out to the pier and into the aquarium.  Afterwards, we headed back up to Hermosa Beach and back to the hotel.  All together, I think we rode about 8 miles.  More than I think I have ever done!  We hung out at the hotel for a bit and watched people on the beach playing volleyball.  We were just to worn out and tired to get out for dinner, so Justin ran across the street to a little Italian place and ordered pizza and fettuccine.  We watched a movie during dinner.  Then decided we wanted to get some ice cream and do a little more shopping.











  

Sunday was our final day there.  We took a little walk after breakfast out to the pier and then sat on the balcony for a bit watching everyone play, you guessed it, volleyball.  We had to check out by noon so we left our bags downstairs and went to lunch.  We got there right around noon, but the restaurant/pub was still serving breakfast so they couldn't put our order in until about 12:15.  I don't think we have ever seen a pub serving breakfast before, let alone until noon.  After lunch, we headed to the airport to go home.







  

It was a great trip and I am so glad we got to go!    

No comments:

Post a Comment