On Saturday morning (about 2 AM), I started bleeding and having pains in my lower back. I called the on-call nurse and she told me a few things I needed to watch for and if any of them started happening, that I needed to head up to Labor and Delivery. Well, I wandered the house and tried to sleep, but the pain in my back was just not going away. I was trying to let Justin get some sleep, but I kept thinking maybe we should go ahead and head up to Baylor. Well by 4 AM, I decided I was too nervous and wanted to make sure everything was okay so we headed out. .
We got to the hospital around 5 and got checked in. They hooked me up to the monitors and asked me a bunch of questions. The nurse finally told me that I was indeed having contractions! Justin and I looked at each other, like we knew what each other was thinking....We aren't ready!! They checked me and I was dilated to a 1. The contractions were happening about every 3 or 4 minutes and only lasting about 30 seconds or so. I really want to get to 37 weeks (and so did they) so they gave me two shots about an hour apart to stop the contractions. I didn't care for the medicine. It made my heart race, I got shaky and flustered. But the contractions stopped and then we had to wait for the on-call doctor to come do one more check and discharge me. When she did the final check, I had dilated to a 2. We finally got to go home a little after 10 AM.
I have been told to take it easy, no heavy lifting, no walking for long periods, and to get lots of rest. It is really hard to do when there is still so much left to get done. We stayed home all day on Sunday but went out for a bit so we could get a few essential baby items we still needed. Hey, at least we have had a good run to the hospital...practice is always good!
No comments:
Post a Comment